POWA is calling for submissions for its annual Women’s Writing Project.
Submissions in the following categories will be accepted:
– Poetry: no longer than 60 lines
– Short story: no longer than 2 500 words
– Personal essay: no longer than 2 000 words
All entries and queries are to be directed to:
Women’s Writing Project
People Opposing Women Abuse
Address: PO Box 93416, Yeoville, 2143
Tel: +27 11 642 4345
The POWA Women’s Writing Project is only open to women and girl children of all ages living in South Africa.
• Submissions can be written by individual women / girls or by collectives of women and girls.
• Writing can be in any of the country’s 11 official languages.
• All writing submitted must be new work, and must not have been published anywhere else.
• All submissions must be accompanied by a short biography of the entrant(s). Biographies should not be longer than 250 words.
• Written work can be submitted via e-mail or post in one of three ways:
– as word processed documents – typed in font size 12, double spaced, printed on white paper;
– on CD containing no files other than the entry; or
– as handwritten hard copy documents, written in large, legible print.